About Us

About Us

Investors

Canaan Partners

Canaan Partners invests in entrepreneurs and works alongside them to turn visionary ideas into valuable companies. Since 1987, the firm has catalyzed the growth of disruptive technology startups and healthcare companies revolutionizing the practice of medicine. Canaan maintains a presence in the global innovation hubs of New York, Silicon Valley and Israel with $4.2 billion under management and over 180 exits to date.

5am Ventures

5AM Ventures is a leading venture capital firm focused on building next-generation life science companies capable of delivering outstanding returns to investors. 5AM Ventures supports companies solving important healthcare needs via cutting-edge breakthroughs in medicine and science. 5AM Ventures portfolio companies spearhead novel approaches to diagnose, prevent and treat a wide range of medical conditions. The firm has offices in Menlo Park, CA and Waltham, MA.

RA Capital

RA Capital Management, LLC (“RA Capital”) is a crossover fund manager dedicated to evidence-based investing in public and private healthcare and life science companies that are developing drugs, medical devices and diagnostics. The flexibility of its strategy allows RA Capital to lead private, IPO and follow-on financings for its portfolio companies, both facilitating the crossover process and allowing management teams to drive value creation with fewer capital concerns from inception through commercialization.

Orbimed

From biopharmaceuticals to medical devices, diagnostics, and healthcare services, OrbiMed is scouting the globe for innovations that will help ensure humanity lives healthier, longer and more productive lives. We have been investing globally for over 20 years across the healthcare industry: from early-stage private companies to large multinational corporations. Our team of over 80 distinguished scientific, medical, investment and other professionals manage approximately $15 billion across public and private company investments worldwide.

New Leaf Venture Partners

New Leaf Venture Partners was formed in 2005, when the healthcare team spun out of the Sprout Group. The NLVP team has been built over the last two decades and managed healthcare technology portfolios in four Sprout funds and four New Leaf funds. We partner with companies across all phases, from startup to public offerings, as we look to invest in visionary teams, businesses at the forefront of biology and innovation, and disruptive healthcare technologies across the entire healthcare system. And we share our broad perspectives, decades of experience and deep domain expertise to help our portfolio companies navigate the complexity of the healthcare industry.

Elm Street Ventures

Elm Street Ventures is a seed and early stage venture fund based in New Haven, Connecticut. Elm Street Ventures’ emphasis is on the life sciences, with approximately 70% of the investments to date in companies developing laboratory tools, diagnostics, medical devices, therapeutics and other healthcare related products and services. The remaining 30% of the commitments are in green technology, information technology and other industries.

Connecticut Innovations

Connecticut Innovations (CI) is the leading source of financing and ongoing support for Connecticut’s innovative, growing companies. To maximize each business’s growth potential, CI tailors its solutions and often combines its funds with resources from other financial leaders to provide venture capital and strategic support for early stage technology companies; flexible loans and grants that support innovation and collaboration; and connections to its well-established network of partners and professionals. CI has helped bring $4 billion in financing to Connecticut companies.