As an associate chemist at Arvinas you will interact with a cross disciplinary research team aimed at the discovery and development of novel small molecule Proteolysis Targeting Chimeras (PROTACs) targeted towards multiple areas of unmet medical need. Your responsibilities will include planning, designing and executing multi-step synthetic sequences towards key molecules followed by purification, gathering of analytical data, and documenting your work in an electronic notebook. Participation in team meetings, internal presentations, contributing to documentation for external publications / presentations, and creative contributions to all areas of our PROTAC platform are essential.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities include:
- BS or MS in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry with 5+ years experience in a laboratory setting
- Extensive hands on experience with modern synthetic organic chemistry, and purification techniques including automated silica gel chromatography, preparative HPLC and crystallization techniques
- A working knowledge of modern analytical techniques including NMR, MS, LC/MS and IR
- The ability to troubleshoot and optimize organic reactions in a timely and independent manner
- Familiarity with SciFinder and other literature searching engines
- Making contributions to publications derived from project data
- The ability to operate and maintain scientific laboratory equipment
- Maintaining external awareness of scientific discipline through familiarity with current scientific literature
- Attending technical staff and departmental meetings
- Observance of appropriate safety and study requirements by reading, understanding and following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and study protocols
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites Products and chemical drawing programs including Chemdraw and Marvinsketch
- A proven ability to work in a collaborative team environment
New Haven, CT
Please send CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.