PhD-level position dedicated to conducting experiments to further understand the underlying principles of PROTAC-mediated protein degradation.
Education and Training
- Ph.D, with 5+ years of pharma- or biotech experience in cellular and molecular biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, biophysics or enzymology. Focus on cancer cell biology and drug discovery strongly preferred.
- Innovative, creative, inquisitive, motivated researcher with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to advance new scientific understanding
- Experience in the ubiquitin-proteasome system, or targeted protein degradation, preferred
- Strong expertise in cancer cell biology, drug discovery approaches and biochemical and biophysical techniques
- Strength in running and evaluating experiments to measure target engagement, protein degradation, pathway modulation and therapeutic sensitivity in response to compounds
- Experience in developing assays to profile compounds using mechanistic and functional readouts
- Demonstrated success in working on a cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project team; integrating and evaluating the work of multiple drug discovery groups / functions
- Expertise in developing compound profiling assays to support chemistry efforts in developing structure-activity relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Supervisory experience
Other Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Manages times and balances work between bench and desk
- Maintains accountability for ensuring own goals, those of any direct reports and company objectives are achieved
- Maintains a safe working environment for self and others
- Represents the company effectively to external organizations and to the Board of Directors and other company senior management, as needed/requested
- Writes procedures/protocols and professional/technical reports and writes scientific articles, publications and patents
New Haven, CT
Please send CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.