Arvinas is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTACTM protein degraders (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. The proprietary PROTAC-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets.
PhD-level position dedicated to conducting experiments to further understand the underlying principles of PROTAC-mediated protein degradation.
Education and Training
- Ph.D, with 5+ years of pharma- or biotech experience in cellular and molecular biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, biophysics or enzymology. Focus on cancer cell biology and drug discovery strongly preferred.
- Innovative, creative, inquisitive, motivated researcher with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to advance new scientific understanding
- Experience in the ubiquitin-proteasome system, or targeted protein degradation, preferred
- Strong expertise in cancer cell biology, drug discovery approaches and biochemical and biophysical techniques
- Strength in running and evaluating experiments to measure target engagement, protein degradation, pathway modulation and therapeutic sensitivity in response to compounds
- Experience in developing assays to profile compounds using mechanistic and functional readouts
- Demonstrated success in working on a cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project team; integrating and evaluating the work of multiple drug discovery groups / functions
- Expertise in developing compound profiling assays to support chemistry efforts in developing structure-activity relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Supervisory experience
Other Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Manages times and balances work between bench and desk
- Maintains accountability for ensuring own goals, those of any direct reports and company objectives are achieved
- Maintains a safe working environment for self and others
- Represents the company effectively to external organizations and to the Board of Directors and other company senior management, as needed/requested
- Writes procedures/protocols and professional/technical reports and writes scientific articles, publications and patents
New Haven, CT
Please send CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.