Arvinas is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC® (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) protein degraders ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. The proprietary PROTAC® -based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
This position is laboratory-based and requires strong experimental skills, and the ability to effectively partner with team members in order to deliver quality data in support of drug discovery efforts.
This position reports to a Senior Research Scientist/ Research Investigator, Biology and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execute experiments, and perform data analysis
- Utilize compounds and molecular target manipulation (e.g. RNAi) to dissect target function and dependency
- Leverage multiple assay platforms to measure target engagement, pathway modulation and cell sensitivity in response to compounds or target modulation
- Design, QC, validate, and execute medium- to high- throughput 96/384 well assay formats, such as ELISA, quantitative Western, cell viability/death
- Perform molecular techniques including cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, cell line engineering
- Execute protein expression and purification
- Interact and collaborate with biology and chemistry team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression
- Document, compile and interret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/ or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner
- Keep up-to-date on relevant scientific literature
- General knowledge of cancer biology
- In vitro and or ex vivo tissue culture techniques
- Various cellular functional assays (i.e. 2D/3D cellular proliferation assays/cytotoxicity/apoptosis assays/siRNA/shRNA/CRISPR knockdown assays)
- Development and optimization of cell-based and biochemical assays using a variety of readout technologies (e.g. fluorescence, luminescence, TR-FRET, AlphaLISA)
- Various bioassays (eg. Western blots, ELISA, multiplex protein analysis)
- Excellent data handling and recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills
- Work as a team player and be able to work on several projects simultaneously. Demonstrated ability to plan experiments independently a plus.
- Proficiency in flow cytometry and data analysis a plus
- Innovative, independent, motivated and productive problem solver with excellent communication skills who also works effectively in a team setting
- Organized, goal-oriented and timeline-conscious
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently while under general supervision by the project leader
- BS/MS in Biology or relevant discipline, or equivalent education and experience with >3 years Pharma/Biotech experience
Please send CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer