Arvinas is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC® (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) protein degraders ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. The proprietary PROTAC® -based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
As one of the key hires for the company, you will develop and integrate a research strategy, and build a team, to apply the PROTAC technology in the areas of immunology/immuno-oncology. This highly motivated individual must have a solid working knowledge of innate and adaptive immune cell biology and tumor/immune cell interactions. You will ensure the progression of projects from concept to clinical testing, focusing on developing PROTACs with a strong translational rationale. This scientific leader will maintain a connection to the appropriate research communities, establishing and managing productive collaborations with external scientists to help drive innovation. This position reports to the Chief Scientific Officer and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
- Identify and validate targets using a variety of tools, including human immunology, human genetics, human sample analyses, bioinformatics, clinical data, and preclinical in vitro and in vivo models
- Develop assays to profile compounds using target engagement, mechanistic and functional readouts in the appropriate in vitro and in vivo model systems to support structure-activity relationships that guide lead identification, optimization and development candidate selection
- Implement new models and technologies to incorporate into drug discovery and advance portfolio projects
- Build and work on cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project teams; integrating and evaluating the work of multiple drug discovery functions.
- Build exposure and pharmacodynamic relationships in preclinical models to drive a human dose projection. Incorporate knowledge of assays & metrics that report on potency, selectivity, ADME, PK, PD & efficacy.
- Recruit, retain, and develop world-class scientific talent.
- Lead and participate on cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project teams; integrate and evaluate the work of multiple drug discovery groups / functions to determine optimal solutions to discovery challenges.
- Educate, support, coach, mentor, motivate, and grow scientists who are developing expertise in immuno-oncology, in either a supervisory or matrix leadership capacity.
- Deep expertise and outstanding record of research and publications in immunology, immuno-oncology and cancer biology.
- Expertise in extending discovery research through translational human biology to clinical development, using biomarker development and validation, and forward and back translation of research and clinical endpoints.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary, matrixed teams.
- Understanding of complex research landscapes globally, ability to identify cutting-edge research and new directions, and connect internal and external colleagues productively.
- Outstanding management and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative, creative, inquisitive, motivated researcher with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to advance new scientific understanding
- Experience in the ubiquitin-proteasome system, or targeted protein degradation, a plus
- Manages time and balances work between bench and desk
- Excellent communication, including oral presentation and written skills that can easily be applied to data summaries for regulatory agencies.
- PhD scientist with 10+ years of pharma/ biotech experience
Please send CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer