The successful candidate will have a proven track record in effectively leading drug development teams as well as a strong scientific and/or clinical background in oncology.
- Develop the overall program vision including scientific, clinical, and pre-commercial strategies and plans through registration and commercialization
- Lead the strategic planning, decision-making, and risk assessment processes to deliver quality outcomes
- Ensures rigorous scientific debate and robust data quality through effectively gathering team, subject matter, and cross functional feedback
- Possess a basic understanding of all functions represented on the team in order to ask probing questions and assess risk
- Ensure cross-functional alignment within the project team and with corporate/Management Team strategy, proactively communicate throughout all phases of program strategy and execution
- Hold team accountable for deliverables and timelines within agreed upon budget; instill appropriate sense of urgency
- Hold decision rights and advance program to its next agreed upon milestones through data-driven decisions
- Work creatively to find solutions to problems and overcome obstacles
- Manage all aspects of program timelines and deliverables, anticipate risks and proactively communicate potential impacts and mitigation plans to the Management Team
- Incorporate external information (e.g. from scientific meetings, competitive intelligence) into program planning, adjusting plans as necessary to meet corporate objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple complex programs at the same time, in a rapidly changing environment, while ensuring high transparency
- Represent the program to executive stakeholders including the Board of Directors
Education & Experience Requirements
- M.D. or PhD. Experience in small and large pharma
•12+ years’ industry experience, with deep experience managing nonclinical and clinical in pharmaceutical or biotech company
• Experience of drug development in oncology required
• Strong knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements for product approval
• Aware of changing trends in pharmaceutical drug development, and experience in applying new approaches
• Extensive team leadership in a matrix and virtual environment
• Experience with drugs at all stages of Clinical Development and presenting data to regulatory agencies/Advisory Committees.
• Experience as an effective mentor. Line management experience highly preferred.
• Strong publication record and experience with external Scientific Advisory Boards preferred.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work cooperatively within a cross-functional, partially virtual team setting, is critical
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Effectively lead a cross-functional team in a virtual and/or matrix organizational structure.
- High-level analytical skills, especially with regard to understanding and interpreting scientific research and literature are essential.
- Ability to identify, analyze and adjust work procedures for maximum efficiency and be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of effective development strategies in oncology and a broad understanding of clinical product development in the pharmaceutical industry.
New Haven, CT
Please send CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.