Arvinas is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTACs (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. The proprietary PROTAC-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is seeking a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Manager to oversee and implement our LIMS system. This individual will work closely with Arvinas’ scientists to gain a deep understanding of the scientific goals of each approach in order to develop custom workflows that ensure efficient data management and traceability. The position requires technical knowledge in lab data management and processing in addition to interpersonal effectiveness required to drive a smooth implementation. This position will work closely with other core R&D functions at Arvinas, including laboratory automation, IT, bioinformatics, and cheminformatics to provide researchers with a world class R&D platform.
- Develop and support Core LIMS / SDMS / ELN in collaboration with vendor
- Participate in requirements-gathering and solution review sessions and assist in writing user requirements documentation, including Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs). Unify requirements across labs.
- Manage migration of legacy LIMS and ELN infrastructure to Core LIMS
- Effectively implement Core LIMS, providing ongoing training
- Serve as Tier 1 support to laboratory staff: triage questions from internal team, facilitate resolution, reproduce identified issues and liaise with Core Informatics on items that cannot be resolved through additional training or configuration
- Develop User Acceptance Test (UAT) scripts for implemented configurations
- Develop internal SOPs for platform use and supporting processes
- Collaborate with R&D scientists and other core functions to outline current research needs and workflows
- Build a LIMS development and implementation roadmap, providing well-defined timelines and deliverables
- Generate proper documentation and follow change control best practices
- Work within broader software development efforts, utilizing repositories, participating in code reviews, and using best practices for testing and deployment of software
- Ensure cohesive implementation and data integrity across laboratory automation platforms and databases
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer programming, software engineering, or related program
- 3+ years’ experience in life sciences IT support and/or LIMS development
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness, able to build trust and drive adoption of new software platforms
- Experience with relational databases, including working knowledge of PostgreSQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
- Experience in ETL, data mapping, SQL scripting, and REST API
- Experience with Core LIMS, Certara D360, and McNeil Co ACAS is highly desirable
- Experience with data pipelining tools such as KNIME and/or Pipeline Pilot desirable
- Experience with data visualization tools/languages (e.g., R, Spotfire, Tableau)
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer