Arvinas is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC® (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) protein degraders ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. The proprietary PROTAC® -based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
As one of the key hires for the company, you will work in close collaboration with leaders and scientists to ensure progression of PROTACs in neurologic disorders. This highly motivated individual with expertise in molecular, biochemical, histologic and mechanistic basis of neurodegeneration will apply PROTACs to degrade target proteins in support of the cancer and neurology discovery portfolio. As a drug hunter, you will be responsible for contributing to critical path lead optimization efforts, development candidate identification and contributions to IND filings.
- Build and conduct assays as part of a decisional screening tier aimed at informing PROTAC induced degradation of pathologic protein aggregates in neurodegenerative diseases.
- Molecular-genetic, circuitry level understanding of neurodegeneration; and examples of incorporating this knowledge into drug discovery.
- Experience in developing assays to profile compounds using target engagement, mechanistic and functional readouts in neuronal and/ or in vivo models.
- Experience in the characterization biochemical oligomeric neurodegenerative protein species, effects on neuronal dysfunction and pathologic seeding and extracellular neuronal propagation, is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in working on a cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project team; integrating and evaluating the work of multiple drug discovery groups / functions.
- Expertise in developing compound profiling assays to support chemistry efforts in developing structure-activity relationships that guide lead identification, optimization & development candidate selection.
- Ability to build exposure and pharmacodynamic relationships in preclinical models to drive a human dose projection. Knowledge of assays & metrics that report on potency, selectivity, ADME, PK, PD & efficacy.
- Solid understanding of how to leverage CSF, imaging and functional biomarkers to contribute to translational research plans for clinical studies.
- Excellent communication, including oral presentation and written, skills that can easily be applied to data summaries for regulatory agencies.
- Ph.D., with 5+ years of post-doctoral experience in cellular and molecular biology, neurobiology, pharmacology or enzymology. Focus on neurobiology and drug discovery preferred with strong publication record.
- Innovative, creative, inquisitive, motivated researcher with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to advance new scientific understanding
- Experience in the ubiquitin-proteasome system, or targeted protein degradation, a plus
- Manages time and balances work between bench and desk
Please send CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer