Arvinas is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTACs (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. The proprietary PROTAC-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
Your focus will be to build innovative in vitro assay approaches to investigate mechanisms of protein degradation. As one of the key hires for the company, you will work in close collaboration with leaders and scientists to ensure that our platform technology evolves based on a rigorous scientific foundation. Our aim is to further understand the underlying principles of PROTACs and continue to evolve our protein degradation platform in areas of high unmet medical need including cancer and neurodegeneration.
- Application of strong expertise in molecular biology, cell biology, drug discovery approaches and biochemical and biophysical techniques to study PROTAC engagement of the ubiquitin proteasome system, or targeted protein degradation
- Strength in executing and evaluating experiments to measure target engagement, protein degradation, pathway modulation and therapeutic sensitivity in response to compounds to develop structure-activity relationships
- Experience in developing assays to profile compounds using mechanistic and functional readouts (intracellular binding approaches, bioluminescence (nanoBRET), fluorescence (FRET), High Content Imaging- a plus)
- Strong expertise in molecular biology using siRNA/ ASOs, CRISPR knock out and mutagenesis strategies, and generation of relevant cell models to study targeted degradation in disease context.
- Demonstrated success in working on a cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project team; integrating and evaluating the work of multiple drug discovery groups / functions
- Expertise in developing compound profiling assays to support chemistry efforts in developing structure-activity relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Supervisory experience
- PhD, with 5+ years of pharma/ biotech/ academic experience in cellular and molecular biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, biophysics or enzymology. Focus on cancer cell biology and drug discovery strongly preferred.
- Innovative, creative, inquisitive, motivated researcher with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to advance new scientific understanding
- Experience in the ubiquitin-proteasome system, or targeted protein degradation, preferred
- Manages times and balances work between bench and desk
- Maintains accountability for ensuring own goals, those of any direct reports and company objectives are achieved
- Proficient Data with data analysis tools (PRISM, Spotfire/Vortex, Matlab, etc. a plus)
- Maintains a safe working environment for self and others
- Represents the company effectively to external organizations and to the Board of Directors and other company senior management, as needed/requested
- Writes procedures/protocols and professional/technical reports and writes scientific articles, publications and patents
Please send CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer