Arvinas is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTACs (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. The proprietary PROTAC-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
As one of the key hires for the company, this role will work in close collaboration with leaders and scientists to ensure that our platform technology evolves based on a rigorous scientific foundation. This highly motivated individual with expertise in molecular, cellular and developmental biology will apply state-of-the-art CRISPR CAS9 delivery and editing of cancer cell lines and iPSCs in support of the cancer and neurology discovery portfolio. This position reports to the VP, Neurology and Platform Biology and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Build capability and conduct CRISPR-CAS9 gene editing to knock-in small tags, introduce mutations, and knock-out genes in cancer cells and iPSCs using RNPs, lentiviral delivery and reporter techniques. Use edited cancer models and iPSC derived neurons to develop targeted protein degradation assays and in vitro disease models to support cancer and neurology programs.
- Utilize appropriate molecular, genomic, image-based (including FACS) and physiologic methods for characterization of CRISPR gene editing approaches in cancer cells and iPSCs.
- Partner with biology colleagues to identify and apply appropriate technology solutions to build isogenic control cancer cell lines and iPSCs. This will include building informatics solutions for inventory tracking.
- Apply differentiation methods to iPSCs to drive neurology discovery programs to assess functional impact of PROTACs and to support mid- to large-scale in vitro cellular pharmacology.
- Apply expertise in cell biology, cell line development, cell culture and molecular biology to support the broader portfolio our innovative PROTACs therapeutic platform approaches.
- Maintain accountability for ensuring own goals and those of direct reports are acheived.
- Demonstrate proficiency with bioinformatic tools to inform design of gRNAs, genomic databases, and computational data analysis tools.
- Represent the company effectively to external organizations and other company senior management, as needed/requested.
- Write procedures/protocols and professional/technical reports, including contributions to publications, INDs and patents.
- Innovative, creative, inquisitive, motivated researcher with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to advance new scientific understanding.
- Experience in the ubiquitin-proteasome system, or targeted protein degradation, a plus.
- Ability to effectively prioritize efforts, manage time, and balance work between bench and desk is critical for success in this role.
- PhD, or M.S/ B.S. scientist with 8+ years of pharma/ biotech/ academic experience in cellular and molecular biology, neurobiology, pharmacology. Focus on cancer cell biology and neurobiology strongly preferred.
Please send CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer