Arvinas is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC® (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) protein degraders ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. The proprietary PROTAC® -based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
Education and Training
- Ph.D, with 10+ years of industry/ biotech leadership experience in neurobiology and pharmacology with clear contributions to clinical candidates.
- Track record of innovation in the discovery of translational biomarkers of therapeutics for Tauopathies, Parkinson’s Disease and other neurodegenerative diseases.
- Established scientific reputation and statistical rigor in the study of neurodegeneration as evidenced by strong publication record, relationships with key opinion leaders and effective leader of external science and collaborations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, mentor, develop and motivate a team of creative, experienced scientists.
- Strong team leader who guides cross functional scientists to build deep mechanistic and pharmacologic relationships including target engagement and function in human and rodent neuronal systems, in vivo pharmacology in preclinical models and translational human biomarkers using clinical samples.
- Communicates effectively with employees, colleagues, leadership teams and the broader external neuroscience community as evidenced by publications, presentations, inventions and contributions to clinical candidates for regulatory filings.
- Contributions to biomarker plans and pharmacodynamic biomarker assay development. Deep track record of contributions to IND documentation.
- Confident self-starter with a strong work ethic
New Haven, CT
Please send CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer