Arvinas is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTACs (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. The proprietary PROTAC-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
Your focus will be to develop, implement and execute innovative in vitro assay approaches to investigate mechanisms of protein degradation. As one of the key hires for the company, you will work in close collaboration with leaders and scientists to ensure that our platform technology evolves based on a rigorous scientific foundation. Our aim is to further understand the underlying principles of PROTACs and continue to evolve our protein degradation platform in areas of high unmet medical need including cancer and neurodegeneration.
- Conducting key experiments aimed at elucidating mechanistic PROTAC engagement with components of the ubiquitin-proteasome system in cells
- Strength in pharmacologic assessment of compounds in endogenous cell systems by assessing targeted degradation and pathway responses.
- Experience in developing assays to profiling compounds for structure activity relationships using mechanistic, functional medium to high throughput readouts (High Content Image Analysis Quantification and Data reporting, ELISA, quantitative Western, High Content Imaging, Bioluminescent (nanoBRET) / Fluorescence assays, etc.)
- Molecular techniques including cloning, qPCR, RT-PCR, cell line engineering using CRISPR/Cas9, is a plus
- Recombinant cell line construction, Lentiviral infection of primary, cancer cell lines and iPSC a plus
- Experience in utilizing compound inhibitors and molecular target manipulation (e.g. RNAi, CRISPR) to dissect target function and dependency
- B.S./ M.S. with 12+ years or Ph.D. with 5+ years of pharma- or biotech experience in cellular and molecular biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, biophysics or enzymology. Focus on cancer cell biology and drug discovery strongly preferred.
- Experience studying the ubiquitin-proteasome system, or targeted protein degradation, preferred
- Strong expertise in cell biology, drug discovery approaches, biochemical and biophysical techniques
- Innovative, creative, inquisitive, motivated researcher with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to advance new scientific understanding.
- Generate and maintaining clear experimental records.
- Experience analyzing data using Microsoft Excel, Prism, Spotfire or Vortex or similar multiparametric analytical tool.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to mentor others
- Demonstrated success in working on a cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project team; integrating and evaluating the work of multiple drug discovery groups / functions
- Maintains accountability for ensuring own goals, those of any direct reports and company objectives are achieved
- Maintains a safe working environment for self and others
- Contributes data/procedures/protocols for professional/technical reports as well as for scientific publications, patents and regulatory documents
Please send CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer