Arvinas LLC, a leading biotechnology company in New Haven, CT, is seeking a talented, innovative, and experienced biologist to investigate how targeted-protein degradation can impact neurodegenerative diseases. Successful candidates should be highly motivated and enjoy working in a team-based environment.
This position is laboratory-based and requires strong experimental skills with a background in cell biology, particularly with primary neuronal cultures, and experience in quantitative assay development, cell-based compound screening, biochemical assays, immunocytochemistry, and high-content imaging.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- BS/MS degree in neurobiology or related discipline
- 8+ years Biotech/Pharma experience drug discovery experience in neuroscience
- Culture and maintenance of cell lines, primary neurons and iPSC-derived neurons
- Stable cell line generation
- Assessment of compound efficacy via immunocytochemical, biochemical and molecular biology techniques, such as immunostaining and immunoblotting
- Interaction and collaboration with biology and chemistry team members to contribute to structure-activity relationship determination
- Analysis of experimental data, addressing methodological problems in experimental protocols and results
- Documentation, compilation, and interpretation of experimental data.
- Presentation of data in oral and written reports in a clear and concise manner to supervisor and project teams
- Management of laboratory notebook, databases and/or spreadsheets to compile and present results in a meaningful manner
- Keeping up-to-date on relevant scientific literature
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in basic lab techniques and principles of cell and molecular biology, biochemistry and neurobiology
- Proficiency in culturing primary neurons and neuronal cell lines
- Experience in assay validation, assay development and small molecule testing
- Basic understanding of neurodegenerative diseases
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently while under general supervision by the project leader
New Haven, CT
Please send CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.